Thursday, 29 January 2009

Yes it is!

Its beyond despicable that I posted only a paragraph in the year 2008, but there is a new resolution here ! No more promises if I can't get to keep them, but the year 2009 being the Year of the Ox offers greater surprises than 2008 . We are still moving ( Can't really say whether forward or backwards ) as a country.
Its only disappointing that after the first full year (and some) of the present Yaradua administration there is little or nothing to show for its existence. Security is still a major problem in the country, Food Prices are ever still heading towards outer space, Energy, regardless of which you refer to is still at a dismal supply level, slums disguised as adequate living quarters still sprawl the length of the nation, Clean drinking water ( Irrespective of the euphoria of pure water) is still liquid gold, Federal Roads are still a mess ( Two football Teams lost their lives recently in road accidents) and the list just goes on and on ! I know there are arguments in challenge of these statements. I really need to hear them !
The disappointment that has been Nigeria is heart wrenching but we will throttle on ! As a nation of survivalists we shall overcome!
I know for now it is just a dream but many have dreamt and it has come to pass ! And if the citizens of Nigeria have been collectively dreaming of a better tomorrow , then tomorrow is truely pregnant ! and as my people say nobody knows what it would bring !

No comments: